10 Cool AAC Things to Do For Better Hearing & Speech Month
- Learn with AbleNet University. Watch excellent free AAC webinars. There are live and recorded webinars so you can learn at your convenience. Share the information with colleagues and families.
- Give an AAC Gift. Create AAC informational bookmarks and distribute to educators, staff, and families.
- Print some free communication boards. Go to the PrAACtical AAC e-Tool Box and print out some great core word or activity specific communication boards. Put in your AAC clinic tool box or share with educators or families.
- Debunk AAC Myths. Use our AAC Myth buster quotes. Print and hang in public spaces so everyone can be an AAC myth buster.
- Learn and PrAACtice a New AAC System (device or app). Go to prAACtical AAC’s Teach Me Tuesdays and choose an app or device to learn- (Alexicom, Proloquo2go, PRC Accent, The Grid, Tap Speak Button & Sequence, Avaz, Tobii C8, Proloquo4Text, Go Talk Now Text, Nova Chat, Predictable, Speech Tree, CommLink, Sounding Board.
- Be Social About AAC. Tweet or Facebook about AAC. Spread AAC information through social media.
- Join the BHSM Twitter Party and tweet about AAC. The Twitter party is May 20th 12:00-1:00 pm EST under the hashtag #BHSMChat
- Share Treats with Visual Recipes. Attach visual recipes, share in public awareness event or give to colleagues
- Print out an AAC Poster- AAC Boot Camp-Getting AAC Users to Communicate, The Periodic Table of AAC and display in a public space for everyone to see.
- Get Resources for Better Hearing and Speech Month from ASHA (The American Speech and Hearing Association). Adapt the ideas to fit AAC for your community.
Filed under: PrAACtical Thinking
This post was written by Robin Parker