Throwback Thursday: AAC for Young Children
In recent weeks, we’ve been getting lots of questions about using AAC with young children. There are lots of ways to approach this so today we are looking back at some of our earlier posts on AAC at the preschool level. If this is a topic of special interest to you, don’t miss the announcement about a giveaway at the end of the post.
- Using Vest Displays with Preschoolers on the Autism Spectrum with guest author Dr. Carol Goossens’
- Mining the Preschool Routine for PrAACtical AAC Opportunities
- Supporting Preschoolers with AAC Needs: A Case Study
- Visual Supports in Action in the Preschool Classroom
- TELL ME: AAC in the Preschool Classroom
- Attainment, the publisher of TELL ME (Teaching Early Language and Literacy through Multimodal Expression) is generously providing a free copy of the program through a contest they are running.
- TELL ME your AAC story for a chance to win a free registration to our pre-conference session on preschool AAC at the 2019 ATIA Conference in Orlando next month. You can enter the drawing for this full-day workshop and a copy of the TELL ME program here.
More on our upcoming workshop in the interactive graphic below. Use the slider to navigate or download a PDF of it here.
This post was written by Carole Zangari