Core Vocabulary Resources for April
We are leaving March behind and getting ready to focus on a new set of core vocabulary words for April. Whether you are following along with the 2013 Year of Core (12 words/month) or the 2014 A(nother) Year of Core: (16 words/month; Different than the previous year’s core words), or just getting started, here are some helpful resources.
Our words for this month are listed below.
- 2013 List: big, busy, do, drink, feel, he, in, make, out, some, tell, who
- 2014 List: blue, brother, close, family, head, last, long, no, old, right, scared, soft, thing, top, wash, whole
You can download the blank template to add in your own symbols for each of the words or check out the ones made for a variety of AAC symbols.
- Templates for you to plug in your own symbols: 2013 words, 2014 words
- Minspeak/Unity version: 2013
- PCS versions: 2013; 2014
- Symbol Stix version: 2013
- Smarty Symbols: 2013
- Speak for Yourself: 2013, 2014
Many, many thanks to Russell Cross, Gail Van Tatenhove, Allison Wade, Barbara Fernandez, Heidi LoStracco, Renee Collender, and all the others who have contributed to this effort.
Filed under: PrAACtical Thinking
Tagged With: A Year of Core Words
This post was written by Carole Zangari