AAC and the IEP: 5 Resources to Explore
It’s never too early to start thinking of ways to strengthen the IEP to better support students with AAC needs. Here are some resources that may be helpful.
- AAC in the IEP by Gail Van Tatenhove
- AAC Goals, IEP, and Beyond by Margaret Perkins
- Examples of IEP Goals with Communication Devices by Cara Batema and Sample AAC Goals by the Utah Speech and Hearing Association
- Writing IEP Goals for Authentic Communication for Children with Complex Communication Needs by Linda Burkhart
- Implementation in the Classroom by Amy Conover, Julie Packer, and Dan Mills
What strategies have you found for building IEPs to support students’ development of AAC skills? We’d love to hear about them.
Filed under: PrAACtical Thinking
This post was written by Carole Zangari