Supporting AAC Learners in Emergent Writing: 5 Helpful Resources
Looking for ways to help AAC learners of any age develop meaningful writing skills? These helpful resources may be of interest.
- “There is No Can’t” by Jane Farrall and Sally Clendon
- Emerging Writers and AAC by Jane Odom
- Alternative Pencils: What Does the Research Say?
- Emergent Literacy Beginnings and Goals for Children with Angelman Syndrome by David Koppenhaver and Susan Norwell (information applicable to a broader range of people who use AAC)
- Can Low-incidence Students Become First-time Writers? By Janet Sturm
Filed under: Featured Posts, PrAACtical Thinking
Tagged With: literacy, writing
This post was written by Carole Zangari
What a great compilation of resources! Thanks as always Carole!
Thanks, Kathy. The inspiration came from Janet Sturm, who was here today talking on emergent literacy instruction. 🙂
Hi the Jane Odom article is not available? Do I have to be a member of AAC language lab to gain access?
Kathryn, they reorganized their site since this was first published so it broke the link. I haven’t been able to find it on the new site, but I’ll keep looking and will let you know if I find it.