Supporting AAC Learners in Emergent Writing: 5 Helpful Resources
Looking for ways to help AAC learners of any age develop meaningful writing skills? These helpful resources may be of interest.
- “There is No Can’t” by Jane Farrall and Sally Clendon
- Emerging Writers and AAC by Jane Odom
- Alternative Pencils: What Does the Research Say?
- Emergent Literacy Beginnings and Goals for Children with Angelman Syndrome by David Koppenhaver and Susan Norwell (information applicable to a broader range of people who use AAC)
- Can Low-incidence Students Become First-time Writers? By Janet Sturm
This post was written by Carole Zangari