PrAACtical Resources: Activities and Materials to Download or Explore
The great thing about getting stuck at an airport these days is that almost all of them have free internet connections. Some people surf the web for celebrity news, fashion tips, or recipes. AAC people, on the other hand, never miss an opportunity to search out interesting tools and resources. Here are a few from my latest airport adventure.
- Communication Games and Activities from AAC Scotland: Lots of fun and prAACtical ideas, like the Roving Reporter activity.
- Graphic Organizers with Teaching Notes: Graphic organizers are some of my favorite tools, but it takes time to convert the paper-based ones to interactive PDFs that our AAC learners can use. When I found this site from Holt McDougal (part of Houghton Mifflin), I squealed with joy. It’s a real time-saver!
- Story Visualizer: This website from the Education Team at Lego is a great way to motivate kids to communicate and build narratives.
- Rewordify: Help students understand complex text and learn new vocabulary words.
- Positive AACtion Kit for AAC Teams: This collection of parent/staff education handouts, by Rocky Bay, (a provider of disability services in Western Australia), is another real time-saver. We’ve shared more than a few with families and other team members.
What goodies have you found in your web travels? We’d love to hear about them.
Filed under: PrAACtical Thinking
Tagged With: resources
This post was written by Carole Zangari
Nice looking Blog, Great articles shared here 🙂