Martin Luther King, Jr Holiday: 5 Resources for AAC Learners
Here in the US, we are preparing to celebrate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and reflect on the civil rights movement in our country. We sometimes struggle to make holidays like this meaningful to our students with AAC needs, and adding visual supports can be helpful in that process. Here are some materials from the wonderful online sharing site, Boardmaker Online, that may be of interest.
Note: Anyone may view these but to download and use them, you must have the Boardmaker program.
- Talking Book by Lori Geist
- Sorting Activity by Shannon Brown
- MLK Story and Activity by Erin Murell
- Fact sheet and cloze sentences with picture word bank by Diana Ree-Reader
- I Have a Dream Speech and Matching Activity by Mallory Lyall
Have you found resources on this topic that you can’t live without? We’d love to hear about them.
Filed under: PrAACtical Thinking
This post was written by Carole Zangari