5 Quick Wishes for SGDs & Apps
With apologies to the SGD and app designers for making things more complicated for you
we offer up these wishes for the next generation of AAC devices and apps.
- Everything should have a readily accessible ‘un-do’ button. Seriously, folks. Are we the only ones who make mistakes?
- AAC devices/apps that let you pick the symbol set/system and organize the vocabulary accordingly. Variety is still the spice of life.
- A universal standard or convention across SGDs/apps for button shapes and color-coding, with option to customize, of course. (Isn’t it great to have your cake and be able to eat it, too?!)
- Built in core word libraries that make it easy to populate screens with the words we use most often
- ‘Smart’ templates that suggest vocabulary and organization options as you build the display.
How about you? What do you dream of in the next generation of AAC technology?
Filed under: PrAACtical Thinking
This post was written by Carole Zangari