PrAACtically Valentine’s Day: AAC-friendly Resources
It’s prAACtically Valentine’s Day, so we’re reprising this past post with Asome updated AC-friendly resources for one of our favorite holidays.
Valentine’s Day, a celebration of love and romance, is just around the corner. We’re keeping up the tradition of sharing ideas for an AAC-friendly holiday so that you can focus your attention on the supportive strategies that facilitate AAC learning.
Take a look.
- Have fun with this animated PowerPoint poem, 5 Little Valentines, from Bloom.
- How about a game of Valentine-themed Jeopardy with these materials from Traveling Talker Time?
- Print and send these Valentine’s Day cards from CoughDrop
- Are there any Pete the Cat fans? Weave Chat AAC created this companion vocabulary board for Valentine’s Day is Cool.
- Valentine’s Day Is Here: Enjoy a video sing along with the Swingset Mamas
Direct Link to Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR2S1AanFmFOY-W42JGdsuloRizrpmEE9e-YcrqU_Aqmo4McFJpqRfDnokY&v=Rbtgl9n3mJg&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=Swingsetmamas
- This AAC Guide on Valentine’s Day for TouchChat Word Power 42 and Above , from Adventures with AAC, may be of interest.
- Supporting someone in a virtual platform? Check out these Boom cards
- From Beautiful Speech Life: I LIKE Activity
- From Welcome to Words: Cupid, Cupid, What Do You See?
- Make a bracelet with Valentine’s Day vocabulary and print out fun gift tags with this packet from The Alternative Way to PreK
- Style it up!
- Read There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Rose then play bingo with these book-themed materials by Miracle AACtivities
- Have some fun with these activities from Traveling Talker Time
Need more Valentine’s Day suggestions? We have a lot more resources and ideas in these posts.
Filed under: Featured Posts
This post was written by Carole Zangari