Second Annual AAC Awareness Month Celebration: A PrAACtical Giveaway!
AAC Awareness Month is something worth celebrating. From the amazing clients we get to work with, to the professionals who put their hearts into this work, to the families who make real change possible, to the researchers and scholars who give us evidence on which to base our practices, to the wonderfully supportive community of manufacturers and developers, AAC is a wonderful field.
It’s time for a prAACtical celebration! Thanks to the generosity of a lot of companies and individuals, we’re hosting our second annual AAC Awareness Month Giveaways with drawings on October 9th and 30th.
As you can see, we’ve had prizes donated from many wonderful people and organizations:
- Ablenet, Inc
- Dynavox/Mayer Johnson
- Handhold Adaptive
- Hump Software
- Paul H. Brookes Publishing Company
- Safe N Sound Mobile
- Silver Lining Multimedia
- Smarty Ears
- Speak For Yourself
How Does It Work?
- We use Rafflecopter to administer the giveaways. All entries made through there will be counted toward our drawings.
- We’re holding two drawings: October 9th and 31st.
- Once we’ve drawn our winners, we’ll send an email to each one. You’ll need to be a good sport to play along because we’re not going to get into requests for specific prizes or substitutions. (As I learned from wise-beyond-her-years Pauleen, “You get what you get, and you don’t get upset.” Love that!)
- The winners will have 5 days to respond to our email.
- We’ll send out the prizes.
How Often Can You Enter?
That depends on what kind of entry it is. See our AAC Awareness Rafflecopter for details.
The Fine Print
- Winners have 3 days to respond to the email with prize notification. On day 4 after the notification was sent, we will draw a new winner for that prize. Check your spam filters so you don’t miss our notification.
- Tech Support: Regrettably, we can’t provide it. If you have trouble with Twitter or Facebook or anything like that, you’ll have to rely on your problem-solving skills to FIO (figure it out). We’re new to a lot of this ourselves, so we probably wouldn’t be much help anyway.
- In the event of unforeseen difficulties with prize donors or other things that give us grief, we reserve the right to make prize substitutions.
- What if you don’t like or need your prize? There’s probably someone in your community who does. Consider donating it to a local school, hospital, clinic, or library. We won’t be making substitutions based on winners’ preferences. (Sorry, folks. We gotta leave some time in the day for our real jobs.)
- The app codes that were donated are for the US app store.
- iPads are not included.
- We are not responsible for prizes that get lost in the mail.
If you’re an AAC service provider, we invite you to celebrate AAC Awareness month and join in the fun!
Filed under: PrAACtical Thinking
This post was written by Carole Zangari
Wow!! What an amazing giveaway. Thank you!
So glad you found us, Shannon! We are so fortunate to have the support of so many wonderful AAC companies. Good luck!!
What a great partnership with great aac companies! I truly enjoy your website and I can spend hours learning new things and watching how others are using AAC with their students and children. Keep up the great work you do!
Thanks for that comment, Lisa. We feel SO lucky to be in a field that supports professionals so readily. 🙂
YAY! just found out I won the Tap Speak Choice AAC app! I’m so excited! I’m a CF and looking to build up my toolkit!!! Thanks so much!!!!
That’s so awesome, Becky!! Come back later this week and enter the second drawing. You never know! 🙂