PrAACtically Earth Day: 20+ Ideas for Language Learning Fun
Looking for some fun Earth Day activities that can be used for AAC practice and language learning? Here are some ideas for you.
- Learn about the importance of Earth Day with this book from Boardmaker.
- Getting to the Core of Earth Day
- Write an acrostic poem like this one by Donna O’Reilly.
- Make infused water for a planet-friendly drink using these resources from the AAC Language Lab.
- Play Earth Day BINGO with these LessonPix materials by Liz Sturgill.
- Let’s Go Outside!
- Make some Earth Day waffles with this recipe from Shevi Greebel.
- Create a language experience survey. Here are some possible questions for your survey
- What are your favorite outdoor activities?
- Tell me about a time when you had an outdoor adventure.
- What are some ways that you reuse and recycle?
- Make some Earth Day plant heads with Erin Pleuss’s project directions.
- Create some Earth Day art with these Dot Marker Mystery Pictures from Mrs. Thompson’s Treasures.
- Tour the Grand Canyon with Elmo & friends.
- Make some Earth Day Promises with this writing activity from KTPonTPT.
- Pay a virtual visit to a national park.
- Explore some of the Junior Ranger virtual activities.
- Make an Earth Day Wreath with these materials from the AAC Language Lab.
- Learn about the High Line in New York City with these passages from Jillian Starr.
- Plan to take some mindfulness moments with trees as suggested by the Heritage Conservancy
- Head to the park and sing The Park Song by Speech and Language Songs.
- Build a backyard fairy house.
- Play backyard conservation Bingo.
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt using this form from the Delaware Nature Conservancy.
- Make a planetary craft with this fun activity from the AAC Language Lab.
- Go on a virtual field trip to the Recycling Center with your friends from Sesame Street.
This post was written by Carole Zangari