Autism Acceptance Resources for Children
Since we’re mid-way through Autism Awareness and Acceptance Month, it seemed like a good time to share some additional resources and ideas.
- Explore the Autism Kit for Kids by the Organization for Autism Research: What’s Up with Nick video, lesson plan, poster, and more.
- Attend a sensory-friendly event at a museum, movie theater, etc., or create your own using these suggestions from Sesame Street.
- Find a suitable book about autism and get reading! There are a number of book suggestions here.
- Check out the Choose Kindness: Autism Awareness Mini-Lessons by Autism NJ.
- Watch a TV show or video with positive messages about autism using suggestions from Reading Rockets.
Have you been spreading the autism acceptance message this month? We’d love to hear about it.
Tagged With: Autism Awareness and Acceptance Month
This post was written by Carole Zangari