AAC Awareness Month, Week 3: Look, Listen, & Learn
It’s not too late to celebrate the contributions of AAC or help build awareness of the field. In fact, we’re just getting started! If you are just joining this party, you might want to take a look at the resources in these posts.
In this third week, we’re turning inward and sharing ideas for how we can each grow our own skills for supporting people with AAC needs.
- Register for AAC-Everyone has a Voice! From Disability Rights NJ and ATAC
- Follow the USSAAC Webinar Series. On October 23rd at 7:00 p.m. ET Dr. Yoosun Chung will moderate a panel on Celebrating AAC Awareness Month.
- Podcasts are a great way to squeeze in some professional development, so consider listening to some AAC-related content while you exercise, drive, or just enjoy a cup of tea.
- Get your conference game on! There are many wonderful opportunities to learn and connect with other AAC professionals and families at national and international conferences.
- ASHA – November 2017 (Los Angeles CA USA): You can check out some of the posts on previous ASHA Conventions here.
- ATIA – January/February 2018 (Orlando FL USA): See posts about previous ATIA conferences here.
- ISAAC – July 2018 (Gold Coast, Australia): See posts about previous ISAAC conferences here.
- Cue up an AAC video and pass the popcorn! Need suggestions for a video to watch? There are lots to choose from.
How are you expanding your AAC knowledge? We’re always open to new sources and welcome your suggestions.
Tagged With: AAC Awareness Month
This post was written by Carole Zangari