5 Things We’ve Learned from our AAC Families
Here’s something we want our young clinicians to understand. Often families come to us for what we can share and teach them. Just as often, though, they’re the real teachers. Here are some lessons learned from some amazing families.
- Start where they are, not where you wish they were.
- Celebrate the tiniest of victories. Success breeds success.
- Small, sustainable changes are the best kind.
- When things have petered out, it’s okay to start over. It’s better than giving up.
- Muffins and fruit make those difficult meetings a little easier. (Thanks, Stephanie!)
Happy fall semester!
Filed under: PrAACtical Thinking
Tagged With: families
This post was written by Carole Zangari