AAC Posts from PrAACtical Week #40: October, 2017
Today marks the start of AAC Awareness Month. Let’s kick it off with some posts from last week and then dig into the archives.
- Monday – PrAACtically October: AAC Resources for A Year of Core Vocabulary
- Wednesday – Video of the Week: Breaking Down Barriers to AAC Implementation
- Thursday – How We Do It: Developing & Implementing a District-wide Focus on Communication and Core Vocabulary (Part 1)
Need some information or videos on ways to better support people with challenging behavior? Here are some posts that may be of interest.
- PrAACtical Resources: Behavioral Supports for Young Children
- AAC and Challenging Behavior
- Using Structure to Minimize Behavioral Challenges
- Preventing Problem Behavior at School with Dr. Barry Prizant
- Communication Supports for Problem Behavior with Dr. Pat Mirenda
Starting tomorrow, we’ll share ideas and materials for celebrating AAC Awareness Month, but we just couldn’t wait to share Lauren Enders‘ collection of AAC and literacy apps that have deep discounts for all or part of this month. Click on the image below to download her full list. (Thanks, Lauren!)
Filed under: Featured Posts
This post was written by Carole Zangari