Pillow Talk: Mounting iPads/Tablets for Use in Bed
We communicate whenever we’re awake, but sometimes it takes some creativity to find ways to provide AAC access when communicators are not in their main seating systems. It’s always a challenge to figure out mounting strategies so that communication options, whether they are no tech, low tech, or high tech, are always available.
- Interacting while reading bedtime stories
- Having a little conversation about the day using the picture schedule app
- Saying prayers or talking about dreams
- Watching and listening to some meditation music/images
- Going over the schedule for the next day
- Independently reading a book before bed
- Pleading for ‘just one more’ story, kiss, song, or drink of water
We’d love to hear your ideas on other ways to build communication and literacy learning.
Filed under: Video of the Week
This post was written by Carole Zangari