Published on October 11th, 2013 | by Robin Parker20
PrAACtical AAC Celebration #2
It’s time for the 2nd 2013 AAC Awareness Month celebration! It is so exciting to see all of the AAC activities and plans from around the country and world to help spread AAC Awareness. There has been sharing of AAC information, AAC decorations, Silent teas, and much more. We hope that with increased awareness, there is increased ACCESS for ALL who need it. Keep spreading AAC information and keep teaching & learning. HAPPY INTERNATIONAL AAC AWARENESS MONTH!
Celebrate with us by entering our AAC giveaway. Good Luck Everyone!
The PrAACtical AAC Celebration is made possible by the very generous and awesome people at the organizations listed below:
- Ablenet, Inc
- Dynavox/Mayer Johnson
- Handhold Adaptive
- Hump Software
- Paul H. Brookes Publishing Company
- Safe N Sound Mobile
- Silver Lining Multimedia
- Smarty Ears
- Speak For Yourself
How Does It Work?
- We use Rafflecopter to administer the giveaways. All entries made through there will be counted toward our drawings.
- We’re holding two drawings: October 9th and 31st.
- Once we’ve drawn our winners, we’ll send an email to each one. You’ll need to be a good sport to play along because we’re not going to get into requests for specific prizes or substitutions. (As I learned from wise-beyond-her-years Pauleen, “You get what you get, and you don’t get upset.” Love that!)
- The winners will have 5 days to respond to our email.
- We’ll send out the prizes.
How Often Can You Enter?
That depends on what kind of entry it is. See our AAC Awareness Rafflecopter for details.
The Fine Print
- Winners have 3 days to respond to the email with prize notification. On day 4 after the notification was sent, we will draw a new winner for that prize. Check your spam filters so you don’t miss our notification.
- Tech Support: Regrettably, we can’t provide it. If you have trouble with Twitter or Facebook or anything like that, you’ll have to rely on your problem-solving skills to FIO (figure it out). We’re new to a lot of this ourselves, so we probably wouldn’t be much help anyway.
- In the event of unforeseen difficulties with prize donors or other things that give us grief, we reserve the right to make prize substitutions.
- What if you don’t like or need your prize? There’s probably someone in your community who does. Consider donating it to a local school, hospital, clinic, or library. We won’t be making substitutions based on winners’ preferences. (Sorry, folks. We gotta leave some time in the day for our real jobs.)
- The app codes that were donated are for the US app store.
- iPads are not included.
- We are not responsible for prizes that get lost in the mail.
If you’re an AAC service provider, we invite you to celebrate AAC Awareness month and join in the fun!