More Ideas for AAC Awareness Month 2018
AAC Awareness Month continues! It’s exciting to see how families and professionals around the world are hosting events (see our suggestions here) and doing all sorts of informal activities to build awareness of AAC. In today’s post, we share a variety of materials that can be printed and/or shared.
Print and display an AAC Poster.
- From CoughDrop: Keys to Modeling
- From Rachael Langley: Subway Art
- From Lauren Enders: AAC Do/Do Not
- From Kate Ahern: The Periodic Table of AAC
- From Noodle Nook: 5 Tips for Communicating with Nonverbal Students
- From Scope: Speak Up and Be Safe
- From PrAACtical AAC: More Teaching, Less Testing
- Print, hang, or give someone an AAC awareness image
- 10 Commandments of AAC Devices
- Hanen Center: Tips for Parents of Children Who Communicate Without Words
- Susan Berkowitz: Partner Strategies for Augmentative Communication
- Scope: AAC Strategies in Healthcare Settings
Have fun with AAC memes created by a variety of people
Share the AAC message on Facebook
Here are some images that can help you do just that. The larger images are sized for Facebook header images and the smaller ones for Facebook profile photos.
This post was written by Carole Zangari